Introduce kids to the Savior of sinners. This is a series of audio podcasts for kids who want to meet with Jesus by using Meeting with Jesus: A Bible Reading Plan for Kids (RHB). Listen to previous episodes here.
Jesus’s name is not treated well today.
- It is unused: not used at all
- It is misused: used in a superstitious way
- It is abused: used as a curse
In Luke 2:21-24, especially verse 21, we learn why and how we should treat Jesus’s name.
JESUS IS A HEAVENLY NAME
- It was decided by God: The name was not decided by Joseph or Mary, but by God, before Jesus was even in Mary’s womb
- It was given by God: God gave the name by sending it with an angel to Mary and Joseph
JESUS IS A REVEALING NAME
- It tells us something about Jesus: He is the Savior
- It tells us something about us: We need saving
JESUS IS A WELCOMING NAME
- It welcomes us for salvation: Let’s bring our sins to Jesus for his forgiveness
- It welcomes us to pray: Let’s bring our needs to Jesus for his help
- It welcomes us to worship: Let’s bring our praises to Jesus for his pleasure
If Jesus is a heavenly name, a revealing name, and a welcoming name, let’s use it as God intended.